Do you have all of your documents listed individually on your computer?
Does it take you extra time to scroll through “My Documents” to find anything?
Have you ever named a file something completely random, or put it in a weird place never to be found, until months after you needed it?
If you answered yes, you may be looking for a better system to save time and eliminate extra stress!
The good news is that Electronic File Management is easier than traditional paper filing.
- The documents on your computer should be filed in a system similar to your paper files.
See our tips on Paper File Management for a refresher.
- Name files consistently.
Widgets XYZ invo | Widgets XYZ paymts | Widgets XYZ docs
Smiths Plumbing invo | Smith’s Plumbing paymts | Smith’s Plumbing docs
- Similar to paper files, try to regularly purge documents and files that are outdated or obsolete.
- Try to avoid the urge to print. You don’t need more paper!
- Remember the importance of backing up your electronic files regularly.
- Keep your web browser more organized by regularly clearing out your “Bookmark” tool or “Favorites” tab. You may have added a website to your favorites bar to make finding it easier, but it makes sense to purge it when it is no longer relevant.
- Make time to keep up your filing system. You may want to set aside ten minutes a day to file, or an hour once a week.
- If you have a shared file system, make sure everyone understands the new system.
Keep up the great work!
Your efforts now will pay dividends in the future!
At Michigan Computer Supplies we care about our customers and want to offer you excellent service. We can assist you with finding ways to back up your electronic files, as well as, great prices on ink and toner cartridges. Did you also know that we also provide computer repair and printer repair? In addition, we are Authorized Zebra and Motorola Dealer for bar code labels and data collection supplies. Contact us today!
We also encourage you to sign up for FREE Tips and Coupons. http://michigancomputersupplies.com/
You’ll receive coupons plus:
“How to Make Your Ink or Toner Cartridge Last Longer”
“How to Clean Your Keyboard With a Few Household Items”